Click the link below to download a fact sheet with more details on the rain barrels and compost bins available. The fact sheet includes: dimensions, capacity, and information on the benefits of composting and using rain barrels.
2013 SALE EVENTS: 2013 Sale events are over. More sale events coming spring of 2014.
- COMPOST BINS $55: Composting is a great way to inexpensively create nutrient rich fertilizer for gardens or landscaping by recycling much of your kitchen and yard waste.
- RAIN BARRELS $69: With many cities enforcing watering bans, rain water can be applied anytime and is naturally soft, devoid of minerals, chlorine, fluoride and other chemicals making it great for plants, lawns and gardens. Rain water cannot be used for drinking without special treatment.
- Kitchen Pails: Every backyard composter will agree that kitchen pails are a convenient solution to collecting kitchen scraps when preparing and cleaning up after meals.
- Stainless Steel 1/2 gallon Kitchen Pails: The Stainless Steel kitchen pail is equipped with a carbon filter to help reduce odors.
- Sure-Close Kitchen Pails: The Sure-Close kitchen pail has a vented lid to keep food scraps from starting the decomposition process inside your home thus reducing odors from the vegetative waste.
FREQUENTY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- What is a distribution event? A distribution event is an event where we coordinate for you to come pick up your order on a given date and time; we have volunteers to assist you to load everything into your vehicle.
- How does placing an order work? Start by going to our ONLINE STORE and select which distribution event you would like to pick up your order. Then enter in your contact information, quantities desired and your payment information. You will receive an automatic email confirmation when your order is complete with a receipt and details about the distribution event. You will also receive an email the week before the event to remind you to pick up your order.
- Do you take orders over the phone? We are a small non-profit with two full-time staff and we do not have the staff resources to generally take orders over the phone.
- Can someone else pick up my rain barrel or compost bin for me? If you are unable to pick up your order, please print your confirmation email and give it to the person who wil be picking up your item(s) for you. When they arrive at the sale event, have them say that they're picking up products for you and volunteers will help load the item(s) into the vehicle.
- Will my items fit in my vehicle? The compost bin comes in two sections, the top and the bottom. We have had very few problems fitting one rain barrel and one compost bin into a vehicle. If it will not fit in the trunk of your vehicle, either item should fit easily in the backseat.
- What do I need to do in the winter to store my rain barrel? Bringing your rain barrel indoors over the winter is preferred. If this option is not feasible for you, make sure you at the very least flip you rain barrel upside down so that no water can get in and freeze possibly cracking the barrel. Covering your flipped over rain barrel with a tarp will also protect from any unwanted damage. Cracking resulting from water freezing in the rain barrel over the winter is NOT covered by the manufacturer warranty.
- Don’t see your question answered here?
Contact: Maggie Mattacola, Director, RAM