Recycling Association of Minnesota Seasonal Assistant Position 2022
The Recycling Association of Minnesota (RAM) is seeking a part-time, seasonal employee to join our team this February-June.
RAM is a non-profit 501(c) 3 organization whose mission it is to increase recycling in Minnesota to improve the social and economic health of our citizens, businesses, institutions and future generations.
The seasonal assistant will primarily be working on RAM’s spring rain barrel and compost bin (RBCB) sale. This sale is one of RAM’s key annual programs that promotes buying recycled, provides significant fundraising dollars and gives the opportunity to strengthen partnerships with counties, cities and the public. The seasonal assistant will have the opportunity to learn about non-profit programs, online sales and marketing platforms and logistics.
Under direction of the operations manager, the seasonal assistant work may include tasks such as:
- Updating and maintaining online sales information
- Responding to customer questions about the sale and products by phone and email
- Generating and checking online sale reports
- Assisting with physical inventory
- Assisting at pick-up events (May 7th and June 4th TBC)
- Self-motivated to solve problems
- Willingness to do office and physical work (e.g. help at bin distribution events, warehouse management as needed, lifting up to fifty pounds)
- Hold current Driver’s License and have access to a vehicle with liability insurance coverage
- Have a laptop and reliable internet connection
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including comfort talking on the phone
- Able to learn and troubleshoot online sales and marketing platforms
- Interest in environmental protection and/or recycling is a plus. Knowledge or experience is helpful but not required
- Comfortable and patient working with the public in a customer service capacity
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Part-time, seasonal, non-exempt
- $15 per hour
- Starting week of February 21 and ending week of June 6, flexible hours, mostly Monday-Friday with the exception of 2 Saturday pick-up events
- Approximately 10 hours per week, a little less in the beginning and a little more in May
- Mostly remote work with occasional onsite assistance at warehouse in St. Paul and 2 pick-up events in St. Paul and Maplewood
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please include computer and customer service experience and your availability. Application deadline January 21, 2022.