Recycling Association of Minnesota Summer Internship Position
The Recycling Association of Minnesota (RAM) is seeking an enthusiastic student to join our team for the summer. RAM’s mission is to increase recycling in Minnesota to improve the social and economic health of our citizens, businesses, institutions and future generations. Intern will be responsible for helping with daily operations as well as program and grant work.
Work includes helping with our rain barrel and compost bin program, organics recycling grant (where we will be attending city events and hosting compost workshops), other RAM events, membership, fundraising, social media outreach, and website maintenance.
You will have the opportunity to learn about nonprofit management and budgeting, environmental work related to waste management and recycling, network with our board members and members, outreach and interact with the public, and gain other valuable experience to advance your career.
• Willingness to do office and physical work (e.g. help at bin distribution events, warehouse management, lifting up to fifty pounds)
• Current Driver’s License, willingness to drive small transport vehicle
• Excellent written and oral communication skills including phone communication skills
• Able to tackle challenging problems with minimal oversight after being trained
• Currently in accredited college or university (junior or senior preferred)
• Interest in environmental protection and/or recycling. Knowledge or experience is helpful but not required
• Comfortable and patient working with the public
• Sense of humor
Internship, unpaid, flexible start and end dates (preferably mid-April through August), part-time, flexible hours (preferably 10-15 per week)
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include why you are interested in this position and your availability. Application deadline March 31st, 2018.